Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tuesday - skin, cat, gym

Started the day going to the dermatologist.
The next outing was in the afternoon to take Ellie cat to Dr. Beitz. She got a reasonably good checkup. She has a heart murmur as well as what feels to the vet like a small tumor in her gut. She appears to feel good now. She's put on weight and has no digestive problems now so I guess the Prednisone is working well for her.

I went to the Power #0 workout at the gym late this afternoon. It was a shorter, easier class today - possibly because more people than usual showed up for it. Rainy weather quite often makes a lot more people go to the gym.

We are nearly out of Red Rock Gingerale and I am thinking I will not buy more because sugary soft drinks are not healthy and I rarely drink anything carbonated anyway, so I decided to make a Dark & Stormy with my favorite ingredients - Red Rock Gingerale and Kraken spiced rum. As it turned out, there was just enough Kraken left in the bottle for one drink and I decided that was a perfect time to make the last one and just not replenish that in the cabinet again.
Like a lot of things in the house that we rarely use, I am planning to use what we have and just not replace it anymore. This should also make more room in the closet and pantry as well. It goes along with not buying fresh groceries unless I am actually about to cook. I am trying to only stock what can just be pulled out and consumed with very little if any prep. MonsterMustDie never wants me to cook anymore and preparing food for one in this house is a drag. I had a lot more fun cooking for one when I lived alone in the condo years ago. I would like to develop a more minimalist, less expensive lifestyle for one.

What I ate today:
Rosuvastatin 5mg
Letrozole 2.5mg
Ocuvite Adult 50+ multivitamin
one 600mg Calcium + D3 10 mcg (400 IU) supplement
2 cups coffee
1 bowl granola with pumpkin seed + flax (300 calories)(20mg calcium)
+ kefir (150 calories)(390mg calcium)
3 oz Rotisserie chicken
1/2 roll Haribo Mega-Roulette gummie candy (80 calories)
steamed vegetable dumplings (420 calories)
1 Dark and Stormy cocktail

No comments: