Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2002

Went to NetherWorld with Audrey last night. Much fun - it was the first haunted house either of us had been to since high school. Best part: the spinning tunnel illusion. Truth, the anti-smoking brigade, were set up in the parking lot with DJ's and RatMan, who was pointing out that both cigarettes and rat-poison contain cyanide.

Got back home and there were broom handles and a gas can strewn across the parking lot. There was a fish aquarium sitting on the wall of the atrium. The boys downstairs were very active all night. As late as 4 a.m. it sounded like furniture being thrown outside and against the interior walls. I pity my neighbors directly beside and above them. I was able to sleep with the usual earplugs, only waking long enough to put them back in my ears when they fell out in my sleep. I'm sure there was no escape for anyone closer if they were home last night.

No comments: