Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2004

icy bottom



It's freezing at work today. Despite my usual multi-layer dressing for this time of year, my feet and butt are more than lightly chilled. I'm waiting to loose the feeling in my toes and fingers. Despite working in the computer room, I might ask for a small heater to place under my desk.


Thanksgiving was a good holiday. Both of my uncles came in the afternoon with their wives. My teenage cousin was there with her dad and my brother and his family showed up in the early evening. Dad slept most of the day in his easy chair but was quite happy and comfortable after my mother was finally able to nag him into getting a shower and freshening up for company. He's like a three-year-old now. Never wants to get up to bath or brush his teeth and hair. He has to be nagged until he has a small tantrum and finally gives in.


I brought home enough leftover turkey and dressing and sweet potato soufle to feed me for a week.


Friday evening was spent impromptu at J's new home in Conyers for a family and friends cookie decorating gathering.
After all the years I've known J, this was my first opportunity to meet her brother and his offspring. At 9 p.m., when everyone turned into a pumpking, J sent me home with a plate of frosting and sprinkle-encrusted cookies. Fun.


Saturday we were at a Benihana's to celebrate Donna's birthday. The birthday girl looked fabulous with a new do and a glittery colorful top that had most of the men all sneaking furtive glances, trying not to stare in front of her husband.
I realized this over-priced restaurant is really like Disneyland in a way - geared for families with children or prom dates. I haven't been in the door of one in at least 15 years but I still really like the food, the ginger salad dressing, the miso soup and the sushi is really good there. We left there stuffed with most of the crowd going to D&A's for games and leftover wedding beer. I was cold and, not being much of a gamer and not quite knowing where their house was, decided to go home and sleep.

No comments: