Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

feeling somewhat better today

Still trying to get over the awful cold I've had since last Thursday. I've had little bugs before but this has by far been the most painful cold I've ever had, with lots of burning and pressure in my ears and throat. I was afraid I had something much more severe like strep, plague, shingles, etc. but a visit to my doctor didn't find anything bad.

Now, there is finally some drainage and less swelly feeling inside, but it stll stings to breathe in. I purchased a vaporizer on my way home from work and I hope that will help me sleep with more comfort tonight. Standard cold remedies just make everything dry and hurt worse. Because my thoat is still sore, I don't dare do flu shots to help me sleep. The only thing that helps is chicken soup and hot tea.

Mornings are the worse. I usually feel better after a hot shower and walking upright.

No comments: