Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

painful two days

Thursday:
So, I get antibiotics for my UTI. Same medication I've had before with absolutely NO ill effects. Pharmacist, after informing me that he'll have to see if they have it, gives me a generic version of the drug. Then I take my first dose, eat and go to work because my boss was freaking out that I was not there to plate a job he'd been sitting on for a week. I'm in pain all the time. Get to work and the pressman is leaving for the day - at noon - so nothing will be printed before monday, anyway. I go in to plate the job and the client has come up with a last-minute global change on a large part of the files. Make the change and send proofs to the client for approval to finish the project. Client still had not gotten back to me by the time I left.

Friday:
After two doses of generic antibiotics, the original scalding pain is nearly gone but is replaced by nausea and a horrible headache. The headache is probably caused by a combination of the drugs and my avoiding coffee for a day. Yes, I am a caffeine addict. Not a good time to stop drinking coffee but it can irritate things that are already not feeling so good. Boss is not in office. Pressman leaves early again. Client has still not responded to the last group of changes that I sent, so I finish what I feel confident about and leave early. Got home and spent the rest of the day between the bed and the bathroom, too sick to move. Phoned the doctor's office and could only get voicemail. A nurse phoned me a couple of hours later and said they'd phoned in a new prescription to the pharmacy. Monster picked up my new drugs and some canned soup.

Saturday:
I spent most of the day in bed. Got up in the late afternoon, drank green tea and had some chicken noodle soup and took a pill before going back down. Had a raging headache all night but the nausea was at last gone.

Sunday:
Woke up. Got a smoothie, followed by a cup of coffee and a pill. The coffee worked its magic and the headache is almost gone. I can focus my eyes again for the first time in two days. (I really should not have been driving on friday but I had no choice.)

So far, so good. Fingers crossed that I'll be well for work tomorrow morning.

No comments: