Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Our house guest left on Friday afternoon. He has made arrangements with MonsterMustDie to come next month for a week to do the Scott Antique Show here. I immediately suggested that he might be more comfortable staying downstairs next time - with his own bathroom and dressing space. I hope it works out that way next month rather than me losing the kitchen and main bath to him. Maybe I could just go out of town that week...
Last night Chaz and Sandra come here. We cooked orzo, asparagus, and grilled sausages for dinner and they brought a nice Merlot and home-made blackberry cobbler. A simple meal with very good company. I greatly enjoyed sitting around catching up with them over dinner. I hope we can do that again soon.

Now it's Easter morning and MonsterMustDie is doing yardwork in back. I'm staying warm and puttering around indoors but I'm sure I'll get cabin fever soon and make a trip in town and/or to The Mall. I hope my grapevines and flowers survive the weed-eater. I hope the meager grass we have growing here survives his tendency to cut down to the root. This, along with the cold weather, is why I choose not to be out witnessing his choices in the yard.

No comments: