Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

taking in the last of spring

Sunday, we had been planning to make it to Monster Bash this year but decided not to go after MonsterMustDie had an accident at work that has left him too lame for much standing around or walking for the next few weeks. Instead we had an impromtu gathering of friends on the back porch for grilled food and refreshments. Everyone decided to bring a little something even though we didn't ask anyone to, so we had lots of good eats and drinks. There are still some leftover chocolate mint cupcakes from Urban Cannibals in EAV and fresh grilled asparagus in the fridge, as well as my home made guacamole and tzatziki sauce (which I put on my spicey sausage/dogs). We're planning on cooking and eating leftovers tonight. We have a bad habit of letting leftovers and extra veggies go to waste in this house and I'm planning on avoiding that this week, saving money by using what we already have.

I know the money we save tonight and tomorrow will no doubt be spent on the Restaurant Crawl this week anyway, but I do what I can.

Another thing someone brought to the house on Sunday was an enormous, very fragrant, magnolia blossom that has been in a coffee cup of water since then and still smells great, though by this morning its petals are starting to brown. Lots of sweet things blooming outside between the magnolias in neighbors yards and several roses and gardenias here at Rancho de WereMonster. Top that with the fact that I made lavender lemonade on Sunday that I still have a bit left of and it's amazing no one here is complaining to me about their allergies in this very floral environment. Makes me feel all girly. :)

No comments: