Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

go on

Not being as successful as I would like to be with keeping busy or spending time with friends. Seems like everyone else is too busy for me lately. Clark phoned yesterday. He's too busy to hang out yet too, but we did promise to meet for lunch at Java Monkey in the future. He enjoys our odd conversations. It made me happy to hear from him.

Murray, a.k.a. Baby Maurice is supposedly going through divorce proceedings again. He is strangely a bit more cheerful than usual these days when he phones to complain about his life. My favorite malcontent, his consistency is reassuring.

Tomorrow is Vinophiles, which I am looking forward to participating in. Haven't decided what to make as my food item yet. I could go with my mushroom bourguignon or try something newer and simpler/faster to make. What I really want to have with red wines of Bordeaux is pomme frites but I'm not so good at fried foods. I know, that's unbelievable considering that I am a Southern woman, but I don't trust myself to make something light and crisp on the first try so that rules out making it myself for a companion food. Since I have all day to cook, time really is not a consideration anyway. I can always try something more daring early in the day and, if it fails, I'd still have time for another grocery run an cooking session.

The highlight of today was receiving the shipment of organic blood oranges that I had agreed to split with a couple of neighbors. I'm looking forward to splitting up the box of fresh oranges and getting repaid for my part of the investment.

No comments: