Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Favorite not-quite inlaws

Here's a list of favorite boyfriends’ families. This does not mean the boyfriends were my favorites necessarily but I really liked and still sometimes miss their parents and siblings, who were lovely.

Family:
  • Stuart Olsen
  • Carlos Loret de Mola
  • Mark Bregger
  • Brad Stein
  • Murray Sabloff

Mothers:
  • David Khalil
  • Scott Burns

I generally liked everyone's mothers and got along well with them. The mothers and I had the same goal - to take care of their sons and keep them out of trouble or danger, so we were united in our efforts. Some mothers, I felt closer to than other, of course.

Offspring:
  • Spike
  • Ray
I never try to be motherly with other people's children. They already have mothers. I only hope to be viewed with respect and possibly (in the very best long-term circumstances) as an equal in their father's house. For the life of me, I can't wrap my head around why anyone, male or female, would be in competition with someone's children or replace their ex.

No comments: