Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

too much waiting

Last week was mostly spent waiting. First, I waited for my dental appointment on Tuesday. Then, I mostly waited 14 hours while doing film extra work in Peachtree City. Then, I showed up to pick up a check and help out on building film sets and waited all day for the "wall" that I was to finish to be made (it was not done that day) and went home having accomplished nothing and with no check, either. Saturday, I could take no more waiting and bowed out of showing up again on the film set over the weekend for fear of wasting my days. Just when I thought puttering around all day at home was awful, I found something worse - being stuck all day in a chair or watching from the corner of the room while everyone else works or discusses things I've been out of the loop on. 

On the upside, I did make it out to see Dark Shadows on Sunday. It's a very quirky comedy with an all star cast that is impressive. Came home from that and watched a Eureka marathon while editing photos the rest of the day. Called my mom and tried to make arrangements for a Mother's Day visit, but she wasn't really up to it so we agreed to find a week in the future to go out to Babette's Cafe for a nice dinner while Halibut is still on the menu. 

Tonight, we're due for social planning meeting to send out the final invitation to the summer event at Rancho de WereMonster that I've been working on. Design by committee is never easy. 

No comments: