Search This Blog

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Friday Night

On my way home from my part-time temp job, I thought I should try to coax MonsterMustDie to go with me to get a fresh cut tree after he got home from work, among other things. I have decided in my head that a wreath hanging indoors under the sky light is probably just as bad or worse than a tree when it comes to providing an opportunity for Chaos Cat a.k.a Ellie, our little tuxedo kitty, to cause trouble.

That did not  happen last night but that's okay.

Fortunately, MonsterMustDie had plans to go to Jennifer's shop on Highland Avenue to pick up a vase that had sold online immediately after he took it out of the house and over to her shop to include in a collection of studio ceramics he was trying to sell. The vase had been on sale for over a year with no interest and he was confident it was going nowhere in his online shop - and then it sold this week. The Universe has a sense of humor. Last night happened to be the open house at the shop, so we cleaned up and got out and he got to be in his element with other antique dealers and mid-century modern design enthusiasts.

So, as it turned out, I had a very nice Friday evening with the guys, going to City Issue and Pure Taqueria last night. I always love the way Jennifer can make everything look so good in her shop by displaying it in a way that allows people to envision how good everything can look in homes and offices. As we walked back to the car, later, I could see the shop was still open but she was finally sitting down, relaxing and chatting with a few people before closing.

Hoping today that I can get a tree to try out my first xmas cat challenge. Ellie cat has not had a tree before so I don't know how this will go. I think if B&G can have a tree with five cats, I can figure out a way to have a tree with one very active cat.


No comments: