Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Joy O Family

So my mother phoned me just to let me know she is going into the hospital tomorrow morning. Her red blood count has gotten dangerously low again. Her doctor wanted to put her into the hospital immediately today but no, she had to take care of things at home - things she won't let me do for her -  before driving herself to the office of her doctor, who will immediately put her in the hospital.

My brother and nephew are leaving for a father-son trip. I'm not even sure my of my brother's family know she's going into the hospital tomorrow. I could, if she would only let me, take tomorrow  off work, take her to the hospital myself, and take her dogs to the kennel or Rancho de WereMonster. It would not be easy or convenient but I could certainly do it and she could already be in the hospital. 

As things are, I will do nothing and just hope I can keep up with how she's doing. 

File this under Irish Martyr Syndrome. 

No comments: