Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I am a rock.

Is it easy for you to ask for help when you need it, or do you prefer to rely only on yourself? Why?

It is always hard for me to ask for help. It's not that I don't want help - I just don't know how to go about getting any when I need it. I'm just not good at knowing when or who to ask for help and I feel I should be self-sufficient. It's as if I should never have to ask for help and if I can't figure something out myself, its my own fault or proof that I am an inadequate human being. 

I think this is also a result of doing so many things alone growing up and as a young adult. There was a phrase I had on my fridge for a long time that stated: The man who goes alone can start today.  
Too often, there are things I want to do or take action with that no one else has an interest in at that time or place. And some times it is easier for me to proceed on things without hearing negative criticism of the idea or my execution of it. I get discouraged too easily. 

No comments: