Search This Blog

Saturday, November 02, 2013

Chomp and Stomp

I finally made it to the annual Chomp and Stomp today. I decided I must be there to see friends Spanky and the Love Handles playing during the festival for what might be their last show. As it turned out,  Kim and Harris were there too so we were able to hang out together. According to them, the best chili came from the Albert and the Wrecking Bar. Farm Burger was also one of the best, according to then, but they did not place in the competition.
After the festival, we went to the Krog Bar to visit Audrey at work. I'm glad Kim knew she was working tonight - I might not have tried Krog Bar if I did not know. They sampled some nice wines while I tried some very good tapas food. The brussels sprouts were quite good but the best thing we tried by far were the olive oil cakes with basil gelato on them. Delicate textures and flavors without being too sweet.

No comments: