Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spinning round and round

Spinning round in circles today trying to schedule repairs on the leaking roof, looking for or scheduling work. Nothing set in ink all day. 

We waited through two good rainy spells to make sure my condo was staying dry before we made not one but two repairs to the ceiling before I found a new tenant for my former home. She moved in this month and now, at the first two-day rain we get, the water poured into my condo in the space  between the kitchen and the breakfast nook, destroying all the repairs that were made and leaving me scrambling all weekend to get some action from the condominium association to repair the roof. There was a raging silence from everyone until today. I had to phone the building manager yesterday until I got him on the phone to let me know he had contacted the roofing company, Hudson Specialty Group, to repair the building. Meanwhile Caroline, who is living in my unit now, is desperately calling and emailing me to let me know the ceiling is peeling away and the leak is getting worse. 

With all this going on, I was originally planning to work for Lone Wolf today but none of that happened. I've been able to slide all of those plans to a half day on Friday at a new workspace. I am feeling hopeful about the new location for those meetings. I haven't worked for anyone or on anything for weeks now. 

Wednesday, I have another one-day job that might also have to be broken apart or lost if I have to meet the roofer at the condo. If I can have a tight time to show up to show them the damage during a lunch break or if Caroline can meet them in the early morning, things will work out much better for me. 

Now, it is well past 6 p.m. The work day has ended for everyone, and all I can do is carry with my original work plans until I hear differently from anyone else. Emails have been written. Phone calls have been made. Texts have been sent to those not answering their phones or emails. 


No comments: