Search This Blog

Monday, April 07, 2014

feeling overwhelmed

I feel like I am being stalked by Miguel Rosario at Colorado Technical University. He says I am enrolled in classes now but I have not even had transcripts sent to them or found any grants or loans to pay for furthering my education yet. I want to stop this dialog and maybe pick it up later, when I have things spread out in front of me that explain how I am supposed to afford this and how well this will enable me to find work afterwards. 
For all I know, I am also enrolled at Mercer and Westwood now. Maybe Full Sail and University of Phoenix as well. 
I made the mistake of saying I was interested in going back to college and, although I would strongly prefer an on-campus experience, I was open to online schools. 
More than anything, I just want a job and every employer seems to require a current (new) Bachelors or Masters degree - in a "related" field (which mostly appears to be programing or IT).
Every online University wants me to have started classes today or some time this week or month. Mr. Rosario is demanding to know why I have not logged into the College and started my classes. This makes me want to run away screaming from the entire idea of talking to anyone about college classes anywhere. I made $16000 last year and the cheapest degree program is $50000.00+ but everyone's like "No problem. Just start this degree program and we'll sort it out later. 

No comments: