Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Ghost Town

So, with nothing else to do here, I took the job I do not want that is a 35-minute commute away. We'll see how things work out. I have to be there by 8:00 a.m. and the first week will be just two days because I already told them I will be traveling on Wednesday for the holiday. At least, with a job I don't have any expectations of other than filling my time and maybe giving me a little pocket money, I don't feel bad at all at telling them how and when I will work. I am truly hoping I will be pleasantly surprised after I start work there. Meanwhile, I will try to look at other local options for at least keeping up a marketable skill set.

I am looking forward to spending time in Atlanta again next week. Wondering how much I can do while I am there.

The area we live in now is dead most of the year and is mostly a retiree community. There are two 2-week convention seasons in Spring and in Autumn. Between that, every business closes it's doors except the bars, which are rather unimaginative. There must be some hidden pearls here but I have not yet made it out enough to find them. That said, I know it means that I really need to work on making my own groove happen.

No comments: