Search This Blog

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Hung over

Thursday morning, there was an official ribbon-cutting ceremony for MonsterMustDie's employer that was attended by the Governor, Mayor, and several city council members. I came with me camera and took a few casual photos to post and share. That evening after work, we went out to eat with some of MonsterMustDie's coworkers and a business associate at the restaurant in the J.H. Adams Inn. This was the first good meal I’ve had in High Point since we've been there. The building is on the historic register for the city, having been originally a residence for the wealthiest man in the city and later serving as a funeral home for decades before being converted into a hotel. It is cozy and very traditional but as a whole very nice. I would certainly recommend it to any visitors we might have in the future who would want more private accomdations than Casa WereMonster.

Yesterday, my mood hit a new low here due entirely to inactivity and financial worries. The high point of the day was waiting on and recieving delivery of the new sofa for the still-unfinished living room. The rest of the day was empty.
Although I am fortunate to have my residential needs covered, I  still worry about things like keeping an ISO, gas in my car, and insurance - among some things. I also still don't know anyone here except MonsterMustDie and some of his coworkers. There is nothing for me to do in this house most of the day while we are still living out of boxes. Otherwise I could at least pacify myself with creative activities.  
I need to find a job close to home that gets me out of the house and put some cash in my pockets.


No comments: