Search This Blog

Friday, May 04, 2018

Sleeping in trees

I went camping overnight with Karen at Hanging Rock state park in North Carolina.  We slept in hammocks enveloped in insect netting that Bob likes to call "bear pinatas". The net-covered hammocks worked well as a minimalist way to sleep outdoors. It was a reasonably warm night but much more windy than anticipated. I had a very soft camping blanket wrapped around me. I listened to the wind in the tree branches and felt it against the sides of my cocoon.
Woke up find that the coffee in my thermos was still warm. Karen was still sleeping while I sat in the camping chair with the blanket over my legs, drinking coffee and reading about Night of the Witches by Linda Raedisch.
We had lunch at the Dan River Family Restaurant.

No comments: