Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

High Cost Of Living

 I am still reeling from the realization that no doctor really wants my business here in High Point, North Carolina. 

I am married. My husband is on medicare and pays none of my healthcare costs - never has, never will.  I make 20,000 a year. I filled out an application at for healthcare.gov because I am not able to afford health insurance. The lowest estimate I got for bare-bones healthcare is a $626.14 monthly premium. That is for Basic: $0 Well Visit, $0 Vision Exam, etc. 

WTF?!  

I assume I can't get health insurance for the rest of my life because I am married.  I only make $20,000 a year because I gave up my career in the move to North Carolina to follow my husband's job that he got fired from after three years. Now we are stuck here in the NC Triad for the rest of our lives. 


No comments: