Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Still falling apart

 As it turns out, I am now scheduled for periodontic surgery in May. I found this extremely distressing until I heard from a couple of friends, younger than me, who have already had it. The gum above my left canine tooth is still receding and it is still freaking me out but, according to my dentist and surgeon, there is a common solution for it that they tell me only has to be done once. 

In other news, I've been having gut problems since Thursday. I took one Immodium and started on a semi-liquid diet on Friday after everything I ate started going straight though me on Thursday. Saturday, I stayed on liquids alone because I kept having abdominal cramps. Last night I went to bed early and woke up repeatedly with cramps so now, at midnight, I've taken two Immodium tablets and am continuing to just have liquids. If that doesn't work, I'll try to go to a clinic on Monday when they are open. I do not want to over-do the meds and have worse problems in the opposite direction. I just want to be able to sleep without my gut waking me up. 


No comments: