Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2002

It's been a very odd day for me. I received this message via email this morning:

Subject: MOM
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:12:28 EST
From: Jlsrrt2@aol.com

I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS A LOT SINCE YEST. TRYING TO FIGURE OUT EXACTLY WHAT TO SAY TO YOU AND BOTTOM LINE IS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I AM SORRY IF YOU ARE UPSET WITH MOM BECAUSE SHE GAVE YOU UP FOR ADOPTION BUT AT THE TIME EVERYONE AROUND MOM MADE HER FEEL LIKE SHE HAD TO. SHE HAS NEVER STOPPED LOVING YOU. I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE ROOM IN YOUR HEART FOR YOUR ADOPTED FAMILY AND YOUR BLOOD FAMILY? I AM YOUR BLOOD SISTER AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET TO KNOW YOU YET EVERY EFFORT I HAVE MADE HAS BEEN IGNORED. TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR YOU TO GET TO KNOW MOM, YEST. WE FOUND OUT HER CANCER IS BACK.
PLEASE LET MOM SEE YOU ONE MORE TIME BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. YOU CAN BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU IF YOU WANT JUST PLEASE COME.


PLEASE CALL, JENNIFER SWITZER


I get a very weird vibe from this message, but if there is any chance of it being true and these being my actual blood relatives, I'd hate to miss this.
What I really really want is a blood test by an outside party to confirm whether or not I have a genetic tie to this woman. Her name is Gwen Presnel.
She now lives in Florida with her youngest daughter.

These aren't the only people who have contacted me via the internet to say they are my biological relatives but they are the most persistant. I have no way of knowing if they're right or not.

Anyone want to make a weekend road trip with me to meet this person? Maybe next week or the one after that?

No comments: