Search This Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2002

The day started with lunch at my family's house with my parents, grandmother, niece and nephew. The day turned out better than I thought it would. It started with mother having drugged dad with some pain medication she got from my uncle. Dad slept until it was time to eat and then he went back down again. After the meal, both of my uncles showed up with their wives and my teenage cousin whom my neice adores. Everyone stayed very entertained with eachother chatting and hanging out so I ended up having a much more peaceful holiday than I imagined. When the uncles left, I followed.


Immediately afterwards, I went to Jae and Bill's house and hung out with them and their son, who was ready for bed until I arrived. We laughed and chated while watching changing place on the Home channel. (They have basic cable now!) We got a lot of enjoyment discussing the methods they used with Bill, who knows building, and Jae who is in the mindspace of someone redecorating a new home. We tried to guess at in advance who was going to like their "new" home. We critiqued color schemes and cringed at cherubs attached to mirror frames. Time crept up and surprised us.


I ended the night by going to the Railroad Earth studios. There was still a dying fire in the pit in back but most of the guests were gone. I hung out in the studio with Neil, Scott and George while they played and tried to get me into it. I had brainlock and just wanted to enjoy hanging around in a friendly creative environment surrounded by very nice people. They allowed me to do whatever I wanted. I ended up staying for breakfast and eating leftovers for breakfast.

No comments: