Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2003

My Smelly Life

About the strong smells and smoke coming into my place through the bedroom wall -


I've talked to my downstairs neighbor. He's a very nice man. He was in fact cooking on the night in question. He is a cook. He is a carribean cook. He does some catering and was laid off from his job this week. That last fact makes me very fearful that my place will soon be completely uninhabitable for me because he'll have to cater more to fill in the gaps in income. So I fear he'll be cooking more late nights at home with pungent ingredients. He said he would phone his landlord about the possible venting problem. I phoned her myself the next day and she last said she was going to talk to him about fixing or checking the cause of the problem.


For many years here I've not had a problem with invasive smells from the adjoining units (other than the occasional pot smoke from the wild boys) and now it's common.


How True

From Low Red Moon:

Also, I have to do the very final proofing on

TFoC (who am I fooling; no proofreading is ever final)...

No comments: