Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2003

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Had brunch at Agnes & Muriel's Then went to the Botanical Gardens and strolled around the treehouses on exhibit and through the Fuqua Conservatory.


Came home, took a long long nap. Got up and took the large stuff I had to the Laundry Lounge to run through the big upright machines that can handle more than average things like rugs and bedspreads. Spent longer than I intended, like I usually do.


Ended up missing out on all the events that I had actually planned or had up in the air for Saturday night. Resigned myself to staying home, nursing the cold I seem to be developing, and got an impromtu invitation from the nice boy to go to a show in Buckhead for a band he'd worked with previously. The outing was actually brief enough to be fun.


Getting Hard To Breath Around Here

Today it occurs to me that nearly everyone around me, myself included, seem to be trying to fight off some respiratory ailment. My father is horribly sick and has been bedridden for days now with multiple problems including respiratory difficulty, fevers/night sweats, and possibly kidney problems. Mom, who's one to get bronchitis or sinus infections, is actually fine. My brother also has respiratory and kidney problems. Neither my father or brother have gotten around to seeing a doctor yet, of course. The night sweats have convinced my father to phone his physician tomorrow and try to get in to see him. We'll see. My co-worker's husband had some sort of horrible congestion in his chest now. Her elderly mother was diagnosed with bronchitis last week. Geezz!
As for me, I'm just snotty.

No comments: