Search This Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2003

Dreaming
I had that same kind of frustrating dream again. The one where I'm at work and given a job that I can't complete because I don't have the instructions or description of the final piece.


Pool Party
Today was a fun gathering of the women and their guys at my parents' pool. The nice boy even made an appearance in his jag. My parents enjoyed having company at the house and had a great time telling family stories, both real and imagined. As usual, a lot of the events changed in the retelling or disappeared altogether or were replaced by entirely new events. It's always interesting to hear what the current version is. Sometimes things change in my favor.


Dive
The highlight of the day seemed to be when one person managed to embarrass his wife by taking of his swimsuit in front of my parents and jumping in the pool. His wife was mortified (not easy to do - she's pretty impervious to most things) and my mother (thankfully) was giggling. My father dubbed him "Little Egypt" for the stripper. We tried to assure him it wasn't a statement about his, ummm, manhood.

No comments: