Search This Blog

Monday, August 04, 2003

Last weekend was good for music.

Friday night I went with E to East Atlanta and spend the night jumping between the EARL and the Echo Lounge. Was glad to catch Hope For A Golden Summer and Twittering Machine at the EARL. Also saw Hubcap City (from belgium) and Blue Valentine at the Echo Lounge. Alex tells me that Hope For A Golden Summer will perform at the Echo on August 14. I highly recommend them to anyone who likes very arty very southern lovely music.


Twittering machine is great lounge music with proficient musicianship and a singer who seems to do so effortlessly.


Blue Valentine is a Tom Waits cover band with a sultry female singer who bears the same gravely voice as the beloved songwriter.


Saturday night I went with the nice boy to Atlantis Music Confence. Hung out at Vinyl and made a few photos of the APC recording artists in the line up. I was glad I'd brought a few lenses to choose from even though it's a very small room. The setting was far too intimate for me to feel comfortable using anything other than a telephoto so I didn't have to be noticed. A wide angle was necessary for the crowd and candid shots. A 50mm alone would have done me no good at all.

No comments: