Search This Blog

Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy 2005


New Years Eve was spent at the home of Joy and Cam in Grant Park eating, sitting by the fire, and taking part in a white elephant re-gifting exchange. Some people call these exchanges "dirty Santa". Everyone puts a re-wrapped package under the tree and draws numbers for their turn to pick one of the mystery packages out from under the tree. Those who have already picked a gift can swop/swipe the gift of the latest person to open a package. I came out of the exchange very well with a box of fine chocolates, which I was sure would be swiped before the gift exchange's end. I kept trying to make it seem less attractive to others saying things like "oh, these look really waxy" until the actual anonymous treat-giver felt compelled to tell me that I had a box of fine Belgium chocolates. I didn't know I was that convincing.


New Years Day was mostly spent in Smyrna again with my family eating the required meal of greens and blackeyed peas.

No comments: