Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Just trying to do my job

Why is that the new CSR at work is seeing me as the enemy?
He has issues. He started this job badmouthing his last employer. I never speak ill of former employers when I'm at work. Wouldn't that be like speaking ill of the opposite sex when you're out on a first date?


If it's not that, it's the physical intimation and the snooping. At first I thought it was unintentional but today I realize it is deliberate when he insists on hanging over me when I'm at my desk or standing just inches away from me. He insists on standing so close to me that I can feel his breath on me.


I told Chaz and Sandy about how he was snooping in my car on a day that I went to lunch with my boss- I've locked my doors ever since that incident - and asked for the passwords for the computers. Sandy says that just snooping inside my car without my permission is reason for prosecution. I'm not sure of this since, as far as I know, he took nothing. She also came up with the simply brilliant and obvious response that I should have had waiting when he asked for computer passwords. I should have answered the question with another question "why do you need to know?". That didn't occur to me. Momma never said I was smart. Then she said I should carry a large pokey stick with me for when he got too close physically. hehe.


My tactic/stategy: I shall outlast him. He's already not doing his job as well as he was the first week he started, which I think is part of his problem with me - I ask too many questions.


If anyone reads this blog, wish me luck and great tenacity.


... or that he'll leave or get over whatever is eating at him soon and that they'll hire a nice lady to take his place who loves their job.

No comments: