Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Pretty good day

Yesterday was not as busy as I would like but a couple of jobs came in near the end that made the last hour pass at an acceptable level. I balance the lulls with busy work clearing out old files and stripping film to go into recycle bins.

When I got home, Monster was clean-shaven and grinning. All of the dead wood in the side yard had been moved and stackeed neatly against the side of the house. The misplaced hosta had been transplanted to a better place on one side of the house and the rhododendron had been tranplanted to the other side in a better, roomier space. New pinestraw was spread evenly across all of the area he had worked in.

I told him it looked great and he said "You like it when I bust my ass."
Yes. I do like it when he works around the house an actually finishes a job that he starts.
He looked a lot better too after shaving.

The only complaint (I can't help it - there's always one) was that he dug up the one purple flower I'd saved from the front. When I asked what he was planning to do with it, he started singing "Seasons in the Sun". I've never seen anyone who hates flowers as much as he does. I am planning to rescue it next time he's not home - after it stops raining. I'll either try potting it or planting it in back next to the patio.

No comments: