Search This Blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

finally, it rained.

and then we found a renewed leak in the roof over the kitchen - above the cabinets.

I had to empty every object out of the cabinets and countertop below, dry it, put it aside, and stuff towels into the cabinets when we came home last night. This morning, I pulled out the towels and made sure everything was reasonably clean and dry. I still haven't put things where they were before. I'll probably box it all until the roof is cleared of branches, which might have caused the water to pool and an old leak to reform, and the next rain proves whether it's okay to put things back or not.

Last night was fun - the first of this year's Halloween parade gatherings to begin the process for this year's parade. More giant puppets will be involved, I think. Maybe we'll have an actual float on a trailor again this year. Those questions are still up in the air but the theme is decided now. It's going to be great fun.

No comments: