Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

cold cereal for lunch

There is nothing to do here and I refuse to clock out early today, as I am not a part time employee or an independent contractor who is free to pursue several clients at once. No lunch budget either for a while because I have spent way too much on my car and condo recently. Choosing to cut corners on the things that give me the least pleasure. It's not all gloom, though. My mother and sister-in-law are taking me out to a girls-night of theatre later in the week and there's a birthday party this weekend.

Found this on Apartment Therapy.

Egg-less Caesar Dressing

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 corn oil, or other mild oil such as canola or safflower
1/4 cup lemon juice
7 anchovy filets
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a blender, puree all ingredients until emulsified and refrigerate. Toss liberally with romaine lettuce, croutons and additional Parmesan.

No comments: