Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Legacy of Dysfunction

Having not spoken in a few days, I gave my mother a call to check in on her and got the run-down of family gossip.
Apparently everyone in my family, with the exception of myself, my brother, and two cousins, are constantly in a catastropic whirlwind of dire circumstance, both financial and legal. That includes my mother's generation as well. Conversations like this make me realize that I'm not a screwed up as I could be. In fact, I'm amazingly in control of my life and truly hard to kill.

Oy! Poor monster must hear at least part of the family news from me despite his repeated statement that he doesn't want to hear anything about my family - ever. It's the price he pays to live with me.

Time for flu shots, I guess.

At least mom sounded a bit happier by the time we ended the conversation.



Ohmygod! Murray is my mother.

No comments: