Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

And now the kitchen has to be remodeled

We had someone look at the kitchen. The stove and oven could be repaired but as old as they are, the one company willing to work on it said they could not guarantee what they could do once they took it apart. In the end it will cost as much to repair and retrofit old parts as it will to just buy a new oven and cook top. We'll still need a plumber to replace as much of the old pipes as possible. If we're replacing the oddly sized appliances, I'll need to have new cabinetry and countertops installed. So the broken oven has turned into a kitchen remodel job. Should I keep the old sink? that seems like the only thing I might not need to replace. And the dishwasher is a nearly new Kitchenaid that I think is still in decent condition. Monster had to make his only workday this week short so he could be there for the technician. Now I need to find a good contractor who can pull all of this together for me while I attempt to remain employed.

I hope the new renter will hang in there. The reward at the end is that he'll be gettin a new kitchen at the same old rent. I hope that works for him.

No comments: