Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Memorial Day preceeding

Work is slow. I'm the last one here every day, finishing jobs and manning the phones.

We fell in love with the KVARNÖ bench and table at IKEA, which we just purchased and are now ready to invite friends here to enjoy the new outdoor furniture.

Memorial Day weekend is coming up and, as this is historically the number 1 weekend for auto fatalities, I think it would be better to spend it at home than battling traffic with all the road warriors out there. Monster might grill some kosher dogs and corn on the cob, since we saw some nice ears of corn showing up in the market last weekend. I think it would be good to buy a whole watermelon. I'm going to make some more lavender lemonade and maybe try an herb potato salad.

Is it summer yet? What I really want is margaritas with fried chicken because I see that as the classic summer afternoon combo.

No comments: