Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

hello out there

MonsterMustDie got his CT Arteriogram today. Just a routine check up after his ordeal last year. The good part: Now he has health insurance to help with the costs. Hooray!! I'm glad he's now able to take care of the things we worried about so much earlier. Tomorrow, he talks to the good doctor about the results of his tests today.

Now, he's stretched out on the couch, watching his new "Ironman" DVD and dealing with a two-day-old headache. Stress, maybe? Or allergies? I just hope he feels better by morning.

The world seems to have dropped away today. I've been exceptionally out of touch with everthing and everyone in the outside world yesterday and today. Work is still slow but my job is still intact. I am glad to be gainfully employed. Friends of mine have been laid off recently. I'm also glad my own health is still pretty darned good.

Looking forward to Halloween and building giant skeleton puppets for the Halloween parade.

Tonight's dinner could have been leftover chicken and 'taters but ended up being homemade guacamole and chips.

Tomorrow's Buford Highway restaurant crawl may have been killed by the gas shortage. It's no problem for me, as it's my neighborhood, but I haven't heard from anyone who might be planning to join in. It's hard to plan anything that involves unnecessary travel and use of petrol these days. If you want to meet for dinner tomorrow evening, let me know.

L'shanah tovah to all celebrating the holidays this week. I hope the next year is a better one.

No comments: