Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

so far, this week

Friday night, while Monster continued to get his stuff together for the neighborhood yard sale (a task I'm not any help at), I went to the Vinophiles meeting at Lee's house . Always a good group of people. There was wine chat and a trivia contest on this month's theme wine - California Cabernet Savignon.

Saturday early morning and afternoon was the big yard sale, which ended up being very successful. Because of where the house sits, we never could have attempted to have a yard sale on our own but, as part of a large neighborhood-wide yard sale with ads and maps provided by the neighbors association, we had a lot of people come buy.
As soon as we had tables, price tags, etc. set up, I drove into town for a few very necessary errands and, after noticing my tank was near empty, discovered nearly EVERY station in town was completely out of fuel. I finally found a station with half its pumps still working - one that is out of the way in an industrial & office area that's not directly on any main street. Filled up and went directly back home to the yard sale.

Saturday night we left promptly after the yard sale and briefly freshening up to head to EAV for the Nick and Aud weenie roast and East Atlanta Strut festival.

Sunday morning, my plans to sleep in late were ruined by a cacophony outside that I've yet to identify. Maybe two large trucks colliding. Maybe something collapsing. Dunno.

Sunday afternoon, went to brunch with the Gothfather and friends.

Monday night, would have gotten to bed much earlier if it wasn't for the season premier of Heroes.

Today, work is at a stand still. Traffic was dreadful everywhere this morning. Pressman didn't come in. Boss left at noon and said he'd most likely telecommute tomorrow. I am in charge of a raging silence. I wish I could have planned ahead for the possibility of a slow day. Would have been great to scan old photos or go through some DVD tutorials or maybe brought some correspondence to work on. Clients aren't even calling on the phone today - which might be just as well. As bored as I am, I might be tempted to be too chatty.

No comments: