Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

The interesting weekend

Still cleaning the ruins. Bedroom is done. Main bath is done. Kitchen is mostly done. Lots of laundry going on - clothes, cleaning cloths, and sheets used to cover the big things.

Then morning a new leak over the couch appeared and the power went out due to the enormous tree that fell across our street this morning. Phoned the roofer, who had a man at the house to make a temporary patch within the hour. He was a ginger-bearded character who, when I peeked outside, was surfing on top of an SUV another person was driving to get to the lowest point of the roof, rather than just using a ladder. He was fast, polite, and seemed to have it capped when he left. Still, the SUV surfing had me amused.

As I left the house today, I saw the Power Company crew had the street closed off entirely and many large trucks and with bright flashing blinky lights were working on breaking down the fallen tree and putting up new power lines. The ginger-bearded roofer had already alerted me to the alternate route out of the neighborhood, past the school, so no problems there.

I hope the power is back on and the living room is dry by the time I get home.

The latest news is that I must go to Alabama the day after Christmas with Monstermustdie so he can help his mother buy a car that she probably has no business driving.

No comments: