Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

keeping the fire alive

Dreary, gray, and wet outside. Working up the motivation to get out into the world this morning. I'll probably do a bit of shopping. There are a couple of things to look for. I'd like to find a couple of new ornaments for this years' tree. I know a place in Decatur that has some very cute glass robot and owl ornaments. Also, if anyone knows where I can find some pine cone ornaments, please let me know.

I'm also searching for Java Logs or a similar, unsmokey, close to environmentally approved fuel for the winter fireplace. Cold wet weather makes me want to sit in front a fire with the cat, hot mug in hand. We haven't yet had any fires here this season. It's past time for that first fire of the year.

I went to work yesterday and was immediately told there was nothing to do, but since I'd already spent the time, gasoline to get there and bought a to-go lunch to bring with me that I would not have purchased otherwise, I decided to spend a couple of hours filing old jobs away in the archives and checking on the status of those still floating in limbo.

Today will hopefully have a couple of things to do. Mondays and Fridays are always dead but the days in between usually offer some hope of activity.

No comments: