Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

milking the clock

They run me off as soon as everything on my desk is done so I only get one or two hours in a day. And yet, it appears my one remaining co-worker, the pressman, has gotten into the habit of taking a nap in the top loft as soon as the boss leaves for the day. I often get here and, though his car is here and he's clocked in still, he's nowhere to be found. Then I noticed the loft door open...

This is no less productive than all the time he spends here playing Star Wars online or reading Star Wars paperback books, which the boss is aware of and doesn't do a thing about. He practically lives here now since his divorce.

He is, in fact, so nerdish that he was asking me if I could read runes or had a book on runes here at the office because he was trying to make out a Star Wars message in runes. He really thought there would be something like that here.

No comments: