Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Camera Service Update

It has been nearly two months since I sent my Nikon DSLR in for what I thought would be routine cleaning and maintenance. At last, yesterday, I got an email from the Nikon Service Department:

Subject Check Status SO# XXXXX
10/29/2010 03:08 PM

Hello,

We apologize for the delay on the repair of your equipment

Your equipment is currently going thorugh the Quality Assurance department, to make sure we return the equipment to you within manufacturer standards.

We will get back to you with the tracking information as soon as it becomes available.

Kind regards,
R. M.

Reference #: XXXXX

Thanks for using Nikon products!
Nikon Inc. (USA) Support / Service


UPDATE: I got my camera back November 23, just in time for Thanksgiving. That means I had no camera for two months. In that time, two photography jobs came up that I lost - even after making arrangements with friends to use their equipment if mine was not back in time. A photographer without a camera is no photographer and "analog" film cameras are commercially useless in this day and age.

No comments: