Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

A Good Weekend Gathering

Finally, the rain has come. Lots of lightning and thunder shaking the house this morning.

This brilliant idea from Neil Gaiman's blog:
... I propose that, on Hallowe'en or during the week of Hallowe'en, we give each other scary books. Give children scary books they'll like and can handle. Give adults scary books they'll enjoy. ... new books or old or second-hand, beloved books or unknown. Give someone a scary book for Hallowe'en. Make their flesh creep...

We had a great time at the Pumpkin Carving yesterday. I only wish I'd had the additional lights set up already on the back porch like I'd planned to. Of course, not having my camera back from Nikon yet is still killing me. I have a few possible photography jobs lined up that friends have, quite thankfully, agreed to help me with until I can get my own equipment back. Also, I never got around to putting out the sandwich fixin's, still in the fridge, that MonsterMustDie had bought for the gathering. I'm putting the cold cuts, cheese, and bread in the freezer for next week unless we both decide to have sandwich lunches all week. The chili that the GothFather brought was great - so good, in fact, that there was none left at the end of the night for MonsterMustDie to try.

Fortunately there were friends making photos and videos to share of the night.



Jack-o-Lantern group

No comments: