Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

after an energized night

Last nights thunder storms were mostly a lot of strong winds and not so much rain. The lights went out at Rancho de WereMonster a bit before 11pm and from the back porch, I saw a tree fall across the back yard, just outside the fence. I had a front row seat to the event. I waited for a while to see if the power would come back before going off to bed.

Upon inspecting the yard this morning, there is very little storm damage - just lots of pine cones, sweetgum balls, and twigs everywhere. The back corner of the fence was taken out by the roots of the tree that fell. The rest of the tree is resting against the remaining back fence. I suspect that the lot behind the house is county property and that the county will choose to do nothing but let the tree eventually take down the rest of the fence over time.

The power (and our phones and internet access) was still out this morning after MonsterMustDie left for work. I took a bath with the remaining hot water in the house and went to a neighborhood cafe to check email and have my morning caffeine. This afternoon, there was a crew cutting a large ditch across our street from one neighbor's yard and through another. I am wondering if power will be restored when I get home today.



No comments: