Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

anticipation

One day til I depart to the southwest. It is still unusually cool this week so I thought it might be a bit of shock in much warmer temperatures in Tulsa but the weather there looks about the same as Atlanta for the weekend temperatures. I am also trying to figure out how little I can bring with me to make the trip as easy as possible. No tripod. No lights. Just a few clothes and my camera is all I am planning to bring so that everything can fit in a carry-on bag. I need a better shoulder bag too. My purse is small - not very useful for a trip. Kisa_Bastet is taking me to the airport on Thursday morning.

I am spending the morning following up possible work leads and trying to establish new connections. I am also trying to remember to drink more water and hoping that I do not have a UTI while I am away from home. I have started having hot flashes and night sweats that wake me up, lying in wet sheets so I have to lie on top of covers until I start freezing from the sweat evaporating. Then I go back under the sheets until I wake up sweating again. I am getting better at just sleeping through it but last night I kept waking up worrying about work and money. I have no unemployment benefits and no health insurance and an emptying bank account. I still have rent and bills to pay.

I am hopeful that this trip will do me a world of good just to be busy. My hands seem tied here and I feel like a caged beast in an empty cell. This is mostly a symptom of the lack of activity.

No comments: