Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

full

I was thinking how nice it would be to grill out on the weekend this summer at el Rancho and I realize that probably will not happen because there is no place to grill or entertain here now. The house and the back porch and shed are completely full of vintage toys, antiques in need of repair, and other projects and doodads John has moved here from Alabama or recently purchased. There is no space to do anything here and I doubt that will change any time soon.

Lately, he's been going a bit crazy buying things on top of things that he plans to sell, repair, etc. This includes things to put in my office - some things I was planning to buy eventually for myself and some things I did not ask for or think I needed because I have other things already - which is throwing my life in disarray at the moment as well. I have been trying to wrap my head around reconfiguring my office for new furniture while having absolutely no idea were we will put what I have already. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed tonight and a bit paranoid about his recent spending. My old clunky computer desk that I had from my condo and the large glass table that he got me to buy at IKEA just a couple of years ago are now going to be replaced buy an industrial cart and two smaller metal tables/desks that he bought at CB2. The plan is to put the desks together for an L shaped work space that will suit the room better. The office furniture and tools he bought for me are designed to set me up as a freelance business of some sort.
We'll see how things work out in a month or two.

No comments: