Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

watching the vacationers

Quiet weekend. Everyone is out of town or busy with people visiting from other places this week. We are home with no plans other than working on the various projects we have put off for weeks. Very hot and steamy today between a blistering sun and spotty storms. My glasses fog up the moment I walk outside. Made it to a couple of groceries to stock up on snacks for the week ahead. Tomorrow should be more of the same type of weather with a high of 94 predicted with more occassional thunder storms.

The platter of fresh pears I have in the kitchen is half its size now after I've eaten and shared them at work all week. I should have made a photo of the original arrangement I made with them. I hope I am able to bring home more of them next weekend. They are quiet good, hard and crisp and sweet.

No comments: