Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

first cold day of the year

Yesterday's rain came with a lot of cold air. This was, indeed, the first day that I've walked outside and felt truly cold. I think the forecast was for 64 degrees and that, apparently, is what it takes to give me a chill that is beyond skin deep. The temperatures are supposed to climb higher for the rest of the week, which is predicted to be sunny. It really felt like summer has left for this year with leaves falling under overcast wet skies.

Today, as usual, was unbearably quiet bit I did meet with friends tonight for dinner at a new Persian restaurant on Roswell Road that I had not gone to before. Having learned my lesson from last night, I ordered an appetizer with nothing more than water to drink and had more than enough to eat without completely draining my wallet. I should know it is always worth the cost of dinner and hanging out to be with friends, chatting and listening and learning new things. Dinner has been the high point of every day this week.

No comments: