Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The longest weekend

All of my weekend plans seem sabotaged. One by one, every thing I want to do is being changed or cancelled altogether. I have been looking forward to having as many group activities with friends as possible, after a long empty week by myself.

Last night, I skipped the Vampire Ball at the Shelter, one of the few events I try to make it to there.

When I make plans with friends, the housemate doesn't like the travel involved and does not want to be left out because it's my birthday weekend. He wants to spend this special weekend with me, even at the cost of me having anything that might contribute to my emotional well being. The plans for a friend's party out of town tonight are cancelled. The movie I wanted to see, he at first said absolutely not. So, I suggested dinner out with some neighbors, if we could find anyone to eat out with. The only couple that took us up to it have plans to to the same movie tonight. He has since changed his decision on the movie and, in order to have dinner companions, will to Silver Scream with us tonight after making sure I am aware how much he will not enjoy it because it is one of the worst movies Vincent Price ever made, in his opinion.

Tomorrow afternoon, I am having brunch with my mother. By myself. He will not be joining us so he can work on his eBay auctions, even though he knows I depend on him to go with me to spend time with her. So now it'll just be me and my mother spending quality time together with me trying not to say anything, with no way to be invisible.

Tomorrow night is the season premier of Walking Dead, which I'd like to spend at a gathering for a friend who is getting his Andy Wahol 15 minutes + on this episode. I dread to see what comes of those plans next.

No comments: