Search This Blog

Friday, June 28, 2013

home alone

MonsterMustDie is in Alabama for the weekend. He is in a wake for the living with his mother, who has taken a turn for the worse this week. She has not been able to or simply refused to eat or drink for a week now and hospice workers have contacted him and his cousin to let them know that she is not expected to live past this weekend. He left work this afternoon and is now at his mother's bedside for the weekend. Hopefully, he will be spending the night with friends in Birmingham tomorrow but tonight he is at June's side at the hospice.  

As for me, I started a new job and just finished my first complete week there. The hours are the same as my last temp position but with a longer commute, which means I have to be in the habit of waking every morning at 5:00 a.m. to be able to make it to work on time. This, of course leaves me very few options during the week to see friends or do much since I have to give myself an 8:00 p.m. bedtime to be functional. I don't always make it to bed and to sleep at 8:00 but that is my goal for now. I am thrilled to finally have full-time employment after freelancing and temping for so long. At last, I can make a budget for myself that I feel good about. It is also a job that I am learning new skills at, which is another very big plus. 

No comments: