Search This Blog

Saturday, July 04, 2015

giving up this weekend

I had plans to go to the Triad Geeks gathering this evening in Kernersville, NC.

Both John and my next door neighbor have been discouraging me from going by myself to spend an entire evening with people I have not met face-to-face yet, possibly driving home late on a holiday night, possibly in the rain.

I also have a bad skin rash that I have been dealing with all week that only seems to be spreading despite my efforts to keep everything covered and taking Benadryl.

Meanwhile, I woke up this morning is a fit of existential angst, knowing if anything happened to me or my car, I would not be able to fix either. There is no work lined up in the future. Not a thing.
So, maybe I should not be spending any time outside around green things, dirt, insects, and unfamiliar beasties until I have all of this small health issure cleared up. I cancelled my plans for today and tonight and am planning to go into the local Urgent Care clinic on Monday.


No comments: